Bleeding Control (B-Con) Course Administration Information
• The B-Con course is a joint product of the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma and the National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians’ Prehospital Trauma Life Support. Wherever, and whenever, possible ACS instructors are encouraged to collaborate with local PHTLS coordinators. To connect with a PHTLS instructor in your area, contact email@example.com.
• Any healthcare providers can deliver and present the B-Con content, without having previously taken the course and are not required to have PHTLS Instructors involved in the process. However, should they need assistance, PHTLS faculty can assist with any needs. As noted previously, collaboration is strongly encouraged.
• Any lay personnel who has previously completed the B-Con course can deliver and present the content.
• Course facilitators/instructors are not required to maintain or submit participant rosters. If B-Con courses are conducted as part of a trauma center’s outreach and education program, a list of the total number of courses and the total number students will be requested as part of the PRQ.
• The certificate of completion for the B-Con course is the same for both NAEMT and ACS sponsored courses. The certificate of completion can be found on the FACS website.